The fastest way to get a divorce in Huntsville

Fast Divorce in Alabama | Fast Divorce | Fast & Simple AL Divorces

The decision to end your marriage can be traumatizing and disturbing. While you have to process your emotions, it is also important to consider the legal process. Like any person going through the same, you would want your divorce in Huntsville to end as amicably and quickly as possible. In Alabama, you can file for a no-fault, uncontested divorce, which is the fastest way to get out of the situation. An experienced Huntsville divorce lawyer can guide you through the process, and for your help, we have highlighted a few aspects below.

An uncontested divorce

As the name indicates, an uncontested divorce happens when both parties do not contest the decision and agree to the primary aspects. There is no trial involved, but it also means that you and your spouse have to work on resolving concerns to reach an agreement. Common issues in a divorce include matters like child custody, spousal support, distribution of assets and properties, and child visitation rights and support. An uncontested divorce ensures that the couple doesn’t have to rely on the court to decide on these points.

Things to know

If you and your spouse live in Huntsville, you can file for an uncontested divorce together. If one spouse lives in Alabama and the other doesn’t, the former must be a resident of the state for at least six months before initiating the proceedings. You can decide to have your divorce attorney who will ensure that your interests and rights are not compromised as you negotiate with your spouse. Once both parties agree on the major issues, you can file the documents, and this can be done online. Alabama has a cooling-off period of 30 days, which means you have to wait for at least that much to get a divorce.

How long can it take?

As we mentioned, you have to wait 30 days to get a divorce in Alabama, but given that judges often have a backlog of cases, you may need to wait a tad more. There is no one way of determining how long that can take, but an uncontested divorce is still the quickest option in the state.

If you and your spouse want to end the marriage amicably and seem to agree on essential matters, talk to your lawyer and start the paperwork without delay. There is no reason to prolong the process, especially if there is no room for amends, and your lawyer will help simplify the legal process.

Leave a Reply