Information Technology, in general, is the study of design, implementation, development, support or management of computer-based information systems, especially in the application of hardware (hardware) and software (computer software).
The purpose of info tech is to solve a problem, open creativity, increase effectiveness, and efficiency in human activities.
Understanding Information Technology (IT) According to Experts
- Haag and Keen (1996): Understanding info tech according to Haag and Keen that info tech is a set of tools that help you work with information and perform tasks related to information processing.
- Oxford English Dictionary (OED): Information technology is hardware and software and can include networks and telecommunications, which are usually in a business or business context.
- Williams and Sawyer (2003): According to Williams and Sawyer, that the notion of info tech is the technology that combines computing (computers) with high-speed communication lines that carry data, voice, and video.
Information Technology Function
There are six functions of information technology, including the following
- Capture here can be interpreted as input. For example, receiving data from the mic, keyboard, scanner, and others.
- Processing (processing) processing or processing data entered received to become information. Processing and data processing can be in the form of converting, analyzing, and calculating (calculation).
- Generating produces or organizes information in a useful way or report that can be understood by others. For example, such as reports, tables, graphs, and images.
- Examples are saving to hard disk, flash disk, tape, and so on
- Transmitting (Transmission) sending data and information from one location to another through a computer network. For example, sending sales data from user A to another user.
Thus info about the understanding of information technology, objectives, and functions. Hopefully, it can be useful for all of us both in helping our daily activities related to tech needs and getting information.