How To Differentiate Between Real And Fake Facts?: 5 Keys
In the last few years, we have witnessed, many, in, supposedly, public service, and/ or seeking to be, use the expressions, Fake Facts, as well as Alternative Facts! However, while, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, they are not entitled to their own set of facts! Either, something is true and factual, or it’s not! When, Donald Trump, either, when he ran, as President of the United States, and/ or, in the period, after he lost the 2020 election (for reelection), consistently, referred to, everything, and anything, which didn’t support/ agree with his preferred narrative, and/ or, pointed out some misstatement, he made, constantly, as being, a Fake Fact, it created a significant obstacle, to unifying all Americans, towards seeking the greater good, and attempting, to create a meeting – of – the – minds! How can the average citizen/ voter, differentiate between, the truth, and empty rhetoric, and/or, worse? With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 key things, to consider, and examine, to determine, the veracity, of what, we are being told.
1. Examine the actual data/ proof, rather than someone’s interpretations: I know, I am tired of all the continuous, political spin, and believe, many others, are, also! Are you? If, you hope, to cut – through, all the noise, etc, it is wise, to examine, and consider, the actual data/ proof, and sources, rather than someone’s spin, and/ or, interpretation!
2. Source of the information: How reliable/ dependable, etc, is the source of the specific information? Closely, consider, the source/ who reported the news, in order to determine, whether, they, are generally, a reliable, fair source! For example, when one of the 4 major television networks, consistently, reported, and/ or, failed – to – report, specific news reports, which all the others, did, it should bring a so – called, red – flag! Are, all relevant facts, and information, being reported, or, is this being done, selectively, in order to spin – them, to some specific, political advantage? Always, consider the source!
3. How many are reporting it?: Don’t pay attention to what you see! Listen to what I say! If, you don’t feel comfortable, with this concept, then don’t accept, one version, from any politician, which seems to fall into that category! Is this information, being, broadly, reported, by nearly, all sources, or, one, which seems to have a specific agenda?
4. Allegation/ Conspiracy theory, versus, proof: Carefully, differentiate, between allegations, and conspiracy theories/ accusations, and actual proof! We are currently, witnessing, a few accusations of harassment, against, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, but, wouldn’t it make sense, and conform, better with the democratic concepts/ fairness, to wait for the Attorney General’s investigation! No one, at this point, knows, who is telling the truth, whether it is the whole story, or, what, actually, happened, and whether the actions/ behaviors of the Governor, were actual, rather than perceptions!
5. Documentation: Beware of reviewing, only, one document, unless/ until, it’s authenticity, can be assured! Seek confirmation, and proof, of every, and all accusation! When a politician claims something, as factual, which documents, disprove, it doesn’t make it a fact!
Wake up, America, and realize, there is a big difference, between real and fake facts! The more, voters know, and fully, understand, the better, able, to make a wiser decision!